Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fall Update #1

Not that I'm going to number all my fall updates... It's just 7 in the morning.

So for those of you who have realized that I completely space that I have a blog and then remember on a random week day in which I cannot do anything about it, I apologize. These past four and a half weeks since I left Portland have been incredible. Here''s the quick overview (because I need to do laundry...)

Week one: SoCal
When I left Portland I flew down to Burbank and met up with Jessica, a fellow intern here at Caravan. I spent 5 days at her house in Saugus (Santa Clarita) hanging out with her and her sisters and going to the MyGen conference. It was a blast. If you have time and are between my age and I'd say late 20s I would suggest reading My Generation by Josh Riebock. Here's the website: http://www.joshriebock.com/
On that Saturday, Jessica, Rebecca (her sister), Justin (Former Baja Bible School Staff) and I all headed down, out, over, wherever it is that Irwindale is and went to a NASCAR race. Yup. That's right. A NASCAR race. Much more fun when you actually know someone racing, and when you get to watch it with people who all know what''s going on. After the race I went to the Murphy's house and spent a brilliant couple of days working on the racecar and hanging out in the AV.

Week Two-Now: Back to Mexico
Tuesday the 14th found me in a car on the way to Escondido via Saugus. Every Tuesday I take a class called Perspectives on the World Christian Movement at Calvary Chapel. It's so incredible. Aside from that has pretty much been day groups from San Diego on Saturdays (I got to build with North Park again! Yay!) and working around the dorms. We've painted the front of the building (it's now blue) and built la new guard shack and sanded the deck because you couldn't walk on it without getting slivers.

Oh! And we just got back from a 3 day trip to San Quintin in Southern Baja. We built a house for Ramon and Vanessa, a missionary family with New Tribes. I got to meet a lot of different NT affiliated people, and even a couple from Oregon who went to Multnomah!It was an adventure that included over ten hours in a truck, ridiculous traffic through "mountains" and some great conversations.

So yeah, that's pretty much it for now. This coming week includes a week long group from Arizona, and on Friday I move in with a Mexican family. So updates on that when I can! Love you all and thank you for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment