Saturday, August 21, 2010

And so it Ends...

Well, this is it. The end of a summer. The end of a season. Over the past 3 weeks there have been some rough goodbyes, and some even tougher ''see-you-later''s. In twelve hours I will be on the plane back to Portland, OR.

On top of that, there's also the realization that I've stunk at keeping this updated. The summer has been SO crazy insane busy that when I DO have a moment to sit down at the computer someone either is in line after me or I just hop on Facebook for a hot second and then am off the computer. I promise to update more this fall when it's a LITTLE [but not really] slower pace.

So here's the best way I can think of to sum up the summer, with some stories to come later.



Things I learned this summer [with additions and revisions to come]:

*When lighting off an M1000, be ready to run
-And lighting it in the water is a fail.

*Crying when there's a boy in charge will most likely get you out of the situation

*3 months without secular music can sometimes be fun. You live life with epic instrumentals
and great conversation.

*How to build a house.

*Driving at night in Mexico is a TAD bit scary.

*Don't ever leave your wallet in an unlocked truck (even when you're at a seemingly safe place)

*Write letters. Keep in touch.

*Ice cream is NOT a solid food to base your diet on.

*Drinking copious amounts of milk WILL make you sick. Without fail. Even if it's Nesquik.

*One day turns into two, which turns into three, and before you know it, it's been a week. Or
two.

*Boys like to NOT shower or do laundry when there's a game or challenge involved.

*Birthdays are easy to forget because you never know the day.

*The guys at New Poblanos LOVE us.

*Boys like to drive fast.

*Challenges are only as big as you believe them to be.

*Sometimes, it takes nearly dying to truly feel alive.

*People will say they'll call and then not. Shrug it off. You're surrounded by great people.

*When God places people into your life, enjoy them as family for as long as they're there.

*Your family are your closest friends.

*Days off SHOULD NOT be spent inside under any circumstance. These are for adventures.

*Church is a get to. Not a have to.

*"You'll only get out of it what you put in it."

And that's all I can think of off the top of my head. But I'll add and revise when I'm home.

No comments:

Post a Comment